What is the difference between a Pole and Frame tent?
Engagement Party Tent Rental | Cincinnati OH |
Hello Cincinnati Party Tent Rental followers, welcome to our 2nd Blog Post(I promise I won’t prove to every one that reads our blog that I can count by numbering each post)!
Through working with our customer base via the phone, our A Gogo online order forms or face to face, there are always great opportunities to learn how we can better communicate to our customers
One of the most frequently asked questions is “What is the difference between a pole tent and a frame tent“? When renting a tent, it is best to identify the type of tent needed for your event ahead of time.
In this Blog Post we will detail the features of Pole Tents and Frame Tents and include a link to a short virtual tour of each type of tent. We also have listed 5 basic criteria to think about while identifying the right type of tent for your event
Pole Tent Rental Features
- Oldest and most traditional style tent
- Contain Center poles for the middle and side poles for the perimeter
- Staked every tent feet around the perimeter to provide tension for the tent to stand
- Requires 5ft extra space on each side of the tent in order to stake (i.e. if you are renting a 20×30 Pole tent to accommodate 54 – 60 guest(You know this great info because you utilized our Tent and Table Layout Options, you would require a space of 30'x40')
- Preferably placed on a flat grassy area. A Pole tent can be placed on blacktop but driving the stakes into the blacktop without a jack hammer can be difficult and tiring. In addition the holes should be filled with sand and blacktop filler to bring the black top back to it’s original state.
- Click Here to view the Cincinnati Pole Tent Rental Virtual Tour
Frame Tent Rental Features
- Free Standing tent, does not have a center pole(s)
- Assembled utilizing aluminum or steel pipes to build the framework in order to support the tent top
- Does not need to be staked every 10ft around the perimeter
- Counter weights can be utilized to support the tent (i.e. Water Barrels, Concrete Blocks or stakes etc)
- Can be placed on grass, black top or concrete
- Can accommodate more guest per square foot
- Click Here to view the Cincinnati Frame Tent Rental Virtual Tour
Below are 5 criteria used to identify the best type of tent for your event:
- Cost: Typically pole tents are less expensive to rent
- Location of the tent: Frame tents can easily be placed on grass, blacktop or concrete. Pole Tents can be placed on both but they must be staked every ten feet. Which is not ideal for residential property’s
- Space Requirements: Frame tents take less space. Pole tents require 5 extra feet on each side of the tent for staking. For example, if you require a 20'x30' Pole tent you would need approx. a flat open space of 30'x40' to accommodate that type of tent.
- Guest to accommodated: per square foot you can fit more people under a frame tent
- Customer preference: it’s the customers choice which tent they prefer to have for there event
We hope this post will assist you in making an informed decision when identifying which tent will best fit your needs. If you still have questions you can always looks us up or subscribe to the A Gogo Event, Party and Tent Rental Youtube Channel; for more virtual tours.
Owner | A Gogo Event, Party and Tent Rental Cincinnati Ohio